A leading housebuilder has launched an investigation into how one of its homes was turned into a deathtrap by damaged electrical wiring.

Darren Korol suffered 230-volt shocks when he touched the cooker in his new £220,000 Barratt Homes. flat in Crawley, West Sussex.

The 41-year-old print salesman’s children suffered jolts from the bathroom taps.

An electrician later discovered that the fitter who installed the stove had screwed through a live cable. The error raises fresh safety fears over household appliances. About 20 people a year are killed by electrocution in the home.

Newbuild inspections image
Please follow and like us: